International Award for Best Investor Climate Reporting
During the business dialogue held on June 10th 2016, the Ministry launched the International Award for Best Investor Climate-Related Disclosures.
Following the Paris Agreement and within the framework of the post-COP21 agenda, the 2016 environmental conference decided to promote best practices in environmental and climate-related reporting by launching a prize this autumn that will recognise the best management reports and related investor practices.
The Prize for Best Investor Reporting, organised by the Ministry of the Environment’s Office of the Commissioner General for Sustainable Development and the independent association 2° Investing Initiative, comes under the framework of the Law on Energy Transition for Green Growth (article 173-VI). By adopting this law, France set the example during the COP21 by becoming the first country in the world to make it mandatory for investors to publish information concerning their contribution to climate targets and to the financial risks involved in the energy and ecological transition. These obligations will apply to the 2016 management reports to be published in 2017.
This project forms part of the general objective to encourage stakeholders in the financial market to combat climate change and, more generally, to support the energy and ecological transition.
The Award will provide food for thought to international working groups such as the task-force of the Financial Stability Board working on climate-related financial disclosures.
The jury will include four colleges : public authorities and representatives from national parliament, public authorities and European parliament, representatives from international investor institutions and national and international NGOs who are invested in climate reporting.
- The winners (PDF - 259 Ko)
- The nominees (PDF - 252 Ko)
- Press release (PDF - 269 Ko)
- Press Pack (PDF - 2228 Ko)
- Introductory presentation to the round-table (PDF - 1944 Ko)
- Video of Mrs Sirpa Pietikäinen, MEP
- Programme of the award ceremony of the International Award on Investor Climate-Related Disclosures (PDF - 94 Ko)
- Save the date (PDF - 168 Ko)
- Rules of the Award (PDF - 290 Ko)
- The criteria of the Award (PDF - 737 Ko)
- Application Form (DOCX - 97 Ko)
- Article 173-VI of the Law on Energy Transition for Green Growth (PDF - 182 Ko)
- Decree 2015-1850 of 29 December 2015 adopted pursuant to Article L. 533-22-1 of the [French] Monetary and Financial Code (PDF - 282 Ko)
Further information :