Promoting sustainable mobility cycling - French expertise (Version anglaise : Le développement des modes actifs. Le vélo)
Direction générale des infrastructures des transports et de la mer
Format A4 - 24 pages
Bicycle is a high potential sector that generates each year in France € 4.5 billion in economic benefits and gathers 35,000 jobs.
All stakeholders are mobilised to meet the challenges of the sector and promote cycling :
- the State by developing an appropriate legal framework ;
- local authorithies, through their management and incentive policies ;
- industries, thanks to their know-how in design and innovation ;
- the engineering companies, by their expertise and comprehensive analysis of needs ;
- the tourism sector, by promoting leisure cycling ;
- the associations, through the organisation and facilitation of collective events.
In 2014, France has decided to strengthen its support to active mobility by launching an action plan : 25 concrete measures to confirm bike as an efficient means of transport.