Ségolène Royal welcomes the adoption of a world-wide mechanism for offsetting CO2 emissions for international aviation by the 191 Member States of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO)
- 65 volunteer countries will participate in the first phase of the CORSIA mechanism to control emissions from air transport;
- They represent 87% of the international air activity;
- China, the United States, the United Arab Emirates, South Korea and Singapore in particular have volunteered, alongside the European Union, in order to participate in the first phase of this offsetting mechanism.
- Starting with the second phase, the countries included in the mechanism will represent more than 93% of international air activity.
- Thus, nearly 80% of the world-wide CO2 emissions will be covered by the mechanism.
Download the press release (PDF - 101 Ko)
Press contact: 01 40 81 78 31