Submitted by aurelie.bouque… on Thursday 6 October 2016
- 65 volunteer countries will participate in the first phase of the CORSIA mechanism to control emissions from air transport;
- they represent 87% of the international air activity;
- China, the United States, the United Arab Emirates, South Korea and Singapore in particular have volunteered, alongside the European Union, in order to participate in the first phase of this offsetting mechanism;
- starting with the second phase, the countries included in the mechanism will represent more than 93% of international air activity;
- thus, nearly 80% of the world-wide CO2 emissions will be covered by the mechanism.